Sorry* about that title, I just couldn’t help myself. Anyhoo. CatIt Senses 2 circuits. They’re great. They’re an interlocking track and ball system that you can slot together in more than 100 different ways (don’t take my word for this, I haven’t actually counted yet) and have hours of different shaped fun. And it gets even better when you let your cat play with it.
At a Glance
- What: Catit Senses 2 Super Circuit, Wave Circuit & Play Circuit
- Who: Hagen – making quality pet products since 1955.
- Price: Variable, depending on what and where you buy. Best price: Amazon.com
- Does Sparrow Approve? He approves of some parts more than others
*Not sorry. I love that song.
Hagen has been creating innovative pet products since 1955 – these days they’re the world’s largest privately owned manufacturer and distributor in their field. Rolf C. Hagen, the founder of the company, recognised that pets are the heart of their business and aimed the company’s philosophy at manufacturing high quality, value for money pet products for the health and happiness of pets.
The Way Cats Play
Cats are predators, they like to chase things, catch them, kill them and eat them. While your indoor cat may not be able to eat his prey because it’s toys rather than rodents or birds, it’s important for his physical and mental wellbeing to be as cat-like as possible. This means providing toys that allow your cat to use his hunting senses by engaging sight, sound and touch. Toys that are unpredictable keep kitty on his toes and make sure he’s never bored – which is great because boredom is what gets your stuff destroyed.
The Catit Senses 2 circuits encourage your cat to play like a cat, with or without your input. They’re safe enough to be left out for kitty when you’re not around and sturdy enough to withstand the full force of feline playfulness.
The CatIt 2 Senses Circuit Range
The CatIt Senses 2 Circuit range is an upgrade on the original CatIt Senses circuits range, and the best news is that the new circuits are fully compatible with the old. The upgrade allows for the Senses 2 circuits to be used with the wider, more stable bases of CatIt’s new range of senses products.
What’s Good About it?
So many things, I could go on for hours. This is a quality piece of design, which I for one am a sucker for. It’s made out of materials that look to be pretty cat proof and each piece has secure rubber stoppers so it doesn’t skid across the floor while being attacked by the ferocious cat.
- Fully compatible with original CatIt Senses circuits.
- Combine with the entire Senses 2 range of products.
- Easy to assemble and reassemble and reassemble and reassemble…
- New, straight piece of track makes each circuit longer than the original model – the Super Circuit is 24 inches longer!
- 100s of layouts to keep your cat’s play times fresh and interesting.
- The most fun part – you know kitty’s going to love the box it comes in almost as much as the toy itself. CatIt has designed super fun boxes with cutouts that you can use to hide toys or treats, or just leave open for a snuggly place for your cat to nap.
- Optional extras – the motion activated LED Fireball is an ideal addition to keep the game going when the lights go down.
Not much, really. It took me a bit to figure out how to unlock the pieces, but that’s probably just me being a bit clumsy. The Wave Circuit (which I bought) might be a bit too wavy for first timers – I think this circuit could do with an extra straight piece to create more movement and more interest. The standard green ball that comes with the circuits might be a little too colour coordinated and hard for cats to spot, but you could always replace it with the LED fireball, or even a brightly coloured ping-pong ball.
Does Sparrow Approve?
Sparrow was more interested in the box than he was in the actual toy at first, until I washed the whole thing in warm soapy water (the circuit, not the box), then it was on like donkey kong. This is one of the laziest young cats I’ve ever met, and even he enjoys getting off his butt and playing with this thing.
He’s still generally more interested in the box, but it’s a treasure chest and Sparrow is a pirate, so I really should’ve guessed that that would happen. All in all, this is a cat-friendly toy that is safe enough to be left out when you’re not around and interesting enough to spare your furniture from attack.
Do you like to CatIt? CatIt good? If you’d like to berate me for putting a daft song in your head, or tell us your circuit stories, leave us a comment in the box below…
Catit Senses 2 Circuits$24.99
Easy to Assemble10/10
Safe For Cats10/10
Fun For Cats10/10
Compatible With Other Catit Products10/10
Easy to Clean10/10
- 100s of Different Layouts
- Fun Cardboard Box
- Optional Extras
- Combine With Old Circuits
- Colour-Coordinated Ball?