If you’re learning how to train a cat, you’ll understand why people say “dogs have masters, cats have staff”. Many people don’t even bother with cat training because they think it’s not possible, it’s too hard, the damn cat just won’t listen to me anyway. So the damn cat gets to do whatever he likes, and we humans just work around him, like good staff. I’m not into that – I have opposable thumbs, command of the English language and I bring home the bread in this family. I’m going to show this cat who’s boss around here.
At a Glance
- What: Ultimate Cat Secrets audio program
- Who: Mary Matthews
$97special introductory price only $37!
- Does Sparrow Approve: Yes, yes and YES!
The Benefits of Training Your Cat
Besides the obvious potty training and not destroying your furniture, there are a number of reasons why you want to train your cat. You’ll build a stronger bond with your pet by spending time with him and you’re going to make kitty much safer in your home as well as in the big wild world.
A cat who how knows how to come when called, when to keep quiet and where not to sleep is going to make your life much less frustrating and kitty’s life much happier. Asthma cats must be trained to take their medications and handle vet visits well in order to avoid unnecessary anxiety. Plus, think of all the fun stuff! Teaching your cat to fetch, or walk on a leash or even play dead will give both of you hours of entertainment and stimulate kitty’s mind – a very important thing for the health and happiness of your little feline friend.
The Best Way to Train a Cat
This might come as a surprise to you, but your cat actually wants to obey you. It’s kitty’s independent, sassy nature that makes you fall in love with him, but it’s this very attitude that makes it frustrating to train fun behaviours into your favourite feline. Cats respond best to positive reinforcement – yelling, punishing or disciplining your cat just won’t work.
Do I need a Cat Training Guide?
The short answer is: yeah, you do. I’m even going to go as far as to say you need this cat training guide. It doesn’t matter if you’re brand new to being a cat parent or if you’ve been sharing your home with felines for years, Ultimate Cat Secrets is packed full of essential information to transform even the most antisocial kitty into your new best friend.
Ultimate Cat Secrets is a 12 part audio series – it takes a bit over 2 hours to get through. Here’s a sneak peak of what’s inside:
- Getting the right cat for you – male or female? Kitten or adult? Which breed? This first program will guide you to choose the right cat for you and your lifestyle.
- Setting up your home for cat safety – having a cat is kinda like having a very agile, very fast and very curious child. Learn how to cat proof your home and make a safe, secure place for kitty to live with you.
- Cat nutrition – everything you need to know about what and what not to feed your cat.
- Cat communication explained – body language, vocalisation, that cute little head butting thing that they do. Learn what all this means and how to respond in a way kitty understands.
- Grooming and general wellbeing – how to do simple cat maintenance such as bathing and claw clipping to keep kitty pretty and in tip top shape.
- Health issues – tips on keeping your feline friend well and preventing common health problems.
- Pregnancy and reproduction – the when, where and why of dealing with pregnancy and advice on neutering or spaying.
- Training made easy – this is the fun bit! Teach your cat fun tricks as well as basics like using the cat door and how to be chill in the car. These step-by-step guides are the easiest way to get kitty doing amazing things.
- Common behaviour problems solved – scratching your furniture, separation anxiety, hiding, spraying, refusing to eat. Find out how to help your cat fix his bad behaviours.
- Other behaviour problems – chewing, biting, bolting, even waking you up in the night will be a thing of the past.
- Getting a second pet – how to help kitty deal with a furry addition to the family.
- Bringing home a new partner or baby – how to help kitty deal with a non-furry addition to the family.
What’s Good About Ultimate Cat Secrets?
Ultimate Cat Secrets is not just a cat training manual – it’s one of the quickest and most comprehensive guides to living with a cat that I’ve ever seen. The easy access audio format makes it a breeze to digest from your computer or your mobile device and the lessons inside are easy to implement. And if that’s not enough for you, ordering now will score you FIVE great bonuses:
- How to toilet train your cat and get rid of that stinky litter box forever.
- Extra tips audio program which includes basic first aid and tips on my favourite kitty calming remedy.
- Pet medical recorder – an absolute essential for parents of asthma cats or any kitty with a chronic medical condition.
- Downloadable transcripts of the entire program and all the bonus materials.
- 100 recipes to pamper your feline friend.
There’s almost too much information here – if I were to hazard a guess, I’d say most cat owners aren’t going to need all 12 parts of this program. If that’s you I’d recommend skimming through the transcripts and listening only to the audio programs that float your boat.
Does Sparrow Approve?
Sparrow is the kinda guy who loves attention, so anything that gets him thinking and keeps him active is the best fun in his world. He gets to spend time learning and hanging out with his favourite human and I get the best out of my best friend. Plus, the free bonus medical recorder – gold. Full approval from every member of this family.
Have you tried Ultimate Cat Secrets, or do you have some secrets of your own? Let us know in the comments below…